Spotlight on Vancouver
Welcome to Vancouver
Vancouver is Canada’s largest city west of Toronto. It is well known for its mild climate, urban buzz, friendly citizens and majestic scenery. On top of that, Vancouver prides itself on its vast ethnic and cultural diversity.
The city itself is made up of a number of smaller communities and neighbourhoods. Vancouver has hosted the 2010 Winter Olympics and the 2010 Winter Paralympics, and is home to several sports teams. There is no shortage of things to do either, whether you want to take a stroll through Stanley Park or go shopping downtown on Robson Street & Alberni Street.
Friends & Family Hotels is happy to partner with fantastic hotels in Vancouver to provide you with a wide selection in accommodations options for your next trip to Vancouver.
Call us today 1-866-912-7666 and book your next Vancouver getaway
Vancouver International Airport (YVR)
411 is used for telephone directory assistance, fees are now almost universally charged for calling 411.
911 is used for emergecy services (police, ambulance, or fire department).
Most goods & services for sale in Vancouver are subject to a 7% provincial sales tax and a 5% federal goods and services tax.
Featured Hotels in Vancouver
More Friends and Family Hotels at Booking.com
Things to See & Do
For the young & young at heart there is no shortage of things to see and do in Vancouver.
Shopping in Vancouver
- Robson Street
- South Granville
- Main Street
- Granville Island
- Pacific Centre
- McArthurGlen Designer Outlet Vancouver Airport
Vancouver Universities & Colleges
- University of British Columbia
- Simon Fraser University
- Capilano University
- Columbia College
- Langara College
- Vancouver Community College
- British Columbia Institute of Technology
- Stenberg College
- Kwantlen Polytechnic University
Things to Do in Vancouver
- Stanley Park
- Granville Island
- Vancouver Water Adventures
- Vancouver Foodie Tours
- Vancouver Seawall
- Museum of Anthropology
- VanDusen Botanical Garden
- Orpheum Theatre
- Bloedel Conservatory
Restaurants in Vancouver
- Blue Water Cafe
- Bauhaus Restaurant
- Lupo Restaurant
- Salmon n’ Bannock Bistro
- Jam Cafe YVR
- Kishimoto Japanese Kitchen
- Absinthe Bistro
- Ramen Danbo – Robson
- Vancouver Canucks – NHL – National Hockey League
- Vacouver Whitecaps FC – MLS – Major League Soccer
- BC Lions – CFL – Canadian Football League
- Vancouver Giants – WHL – Junior League Hockey
- Vancouver Canadians – NWL – Minor League Baseball
- Vancouver Stealth – NLL- National Lacrosse League
- Meraloma Rugby – British Columbia Premier Rugby League